Written Life 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Shot! The Witchwar Legacy

+2
Ladybug
belladonna
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

One Shot!  The Witchwar Legacy - Page 2 Empty Re: One Shot! The Witchwar Legacy

Post by Oblivion Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Plus, at this level, a character who's got no focus on Charisma and none of their classes give Bluff as a class skill is going to be SOL on managing to lie to anyone else in the party. Especially since I know for a fact my character is going to have Sense Motive out of her ears.
Oblivion
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by belladonna Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Heads up, Kamon's concept is Invoker (PF's warlock) / Cleric/ Eldritch Disciple as a healer. Since he's never played a healing character, he thought it would be a chance to test it out. That said, I LOVE the idea of two healers... Kamon's CN one and the evil Necromancer. If one doesn't save you, the other can fix it!
belladonna
belladonna

Back to top Go down

Post by belladonna Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Swift, your character needs to be Neutral or Evil on the Good/Evil axis.

It looks like we'll be starting the one-shot on August 1st. That gives KM 2 weeks to wrap up the last chapter. I plan on this "one-shot" probably taking 2-3 weeks.

In case it wasn't clear, you can use any of the Finiens races.
belladonna
belladonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 am

Hrmm, at this level my healing capabilities are mostly limited to dealing negative energy damage and providing spells that reverse the target's response to positive/negative energy... well, it would be helpful to know what healing methods our primary healer will be using and if anyone else will be playing a dhampir.

Ditto regarding favored energy types or tactics on the parts of our blaster and battlefield controller. Aside from having a large library of feat/spell combos I can point you toward as a player, it would be helpful to know what conditions I don't need to duplicate (and should protect myself against). My own selection is shaping up to emphasize single-target damage, ongoing AoE debuffs, and enough self-buffs to semi-tank (many of the best necromantic attacks are melee touch).

Question for the DM and players: What's your preferred approach to handling minions? I can practically build myself a second party of controlled undead and golems as support, but I recognize that running multiple creatures (and a high level spellcaster) could make my turns take comparatively long as I chessmaster my minions around the field of battle. I don't mind handing control of some of the minions over to other players or limiting myself to just a certain number (or none) to help keep things moving, but it helps if I know before I finalize my build.

@DM: Looks like I'll have maxed knowledge (local) and several others. Any additional background you can provide me to help fit my character into the area?

@Players: The plot calls for a party that has been working together for some time and will answer to a predictable plot hook. Any ideas on what brings/holds us together? Anyone volunteering to be the party leader?

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:53 am

I'm playing the face - a Glaistig Taskshaper, a melee-focused Charisma-based shapeshifter with the ability to mimic other classes' abilities. I'd have no issue being the "head" of the party, if that's cool with everyone else. I already know I'm having to be the reins on Lady's explosive evoker-sorc.

Said sorc is Stormborn so expect a lot of electricity and sonic, but Lady says she's got a bit of everything.
Oblivion
Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by belladonna Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:58 pm

I am still planning on starting this on 8/1. I need all character sheets by Sunday to properly adjust the encounters.
belladonna
belladonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:28 am

Forgot to respond to this. As I've had few other ideas, I think I'll go with my CN Human Warblade, however...
Journeyman wrote:@Players: The plot calls for a party that has been working together for some time and will answer to a predictable plot hook. Any ideas on what brings/holds us together? Anyone volunteering to be the party leader?
This is where I'm stumped. Character idea is a merc, though it makes perfect sense to me for him to have repeated run-ins with the group.
Face
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 pm

We're frequent customers of yours whenever we need another meat-shield/sword-swinger?

"We need a spare guy for this mission."
"Let's hire that Lionheart guy again."
Oblivion
Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 pm

You do not want Via to be the face or leader. Just...you don't.
Ladybug
Ladybug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:42 pm

My character sheet and spell selection are approaching final form. I may need a little longer to stock my inventory. I'll definitely need an initial situation and basic backbrief on where we are, what we are doing, and what resistance/immunities the rest of the party have before I chose spells to prepare/have active.

... I'm making some assumptions regarding the interactions of various feats and spells. When in doubt, I'm generally going with the more lenient interpretation since this is a 1-shot. I should be able to rebuild relatively easily if you disagree with my use of anything. Fair warning, creatures I kill may rise mid-combat as controlled zombies (when killed by my damage) or uncontrolled wights (when killed by level drain). You may want to have the stats for those versions handy so we don't need to make the conversion on the fly.

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:19 pm

I'll need info on how those stats work.
Ladybug
Ladybug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:00 pm

PF Wight Template

PF Zombie Template

Using 3.5 SRD, any eligible creature killed by level drain rises the following night as either the same type of undead that killed it or as a wight. PFSRD doesn't specify, so you can ignore this if you don't want to be bothered.

Libris Mortis (3.5 Book of the Undead) offers several metamagic feats I plan to make use of extensively. "Fell Animate" causes any creature killed by the modified spell's damage to rise as a controlled zombie on the following turn. Since that's mid-combat, having the stats in advance would be wise.

PF also has some additional variants based on original creature type and conditions, but it's up to you if you want to use them.

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm not feeling up to this anymore. I'll be stepping back from being in this.
Swifto
Swifto

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Question for the DM: Can I re-fluff the Sand Shaper Prc from Sandstorm as a "Snow Shaper"? It doesn't change much mechanically except that I won't need to leave my Gourd of Endless Sand open all the time. Maybe swap the "Summon Desert Ally" bonus spells for the "Conjure Ice Beast" line and exchange the [Earth] descriptor for the [Cold] descriptor on some of the desert spells.

I can rock the class either way, but this way I don't need to leave a trail of sand everywhere I go or lose half my class features if my Gourd of Endless Sand gets stolen or broken.

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by belladonna Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Journeyman: For simplicity's sake, we're going to ignore the level drain/wight connection.  The Zombie feat is fine, and I'll keep that template on hand for the campaign.  Again, for simplicity's sake, I'll probably stick to just the normal zombie template. As for the Sand Shaper to Snow Shaper... I see no reason why we couldn't reflavor it for the cold setting.  I'm not sure what beasts you'll be summoning though, so suggestions and reminders would be welcome!

Swift:  Alright.  Maybe next time?

Everyone:  Kingmaker SHOULD wrap up Monday, so it looks like we're on schedule for this adventure to start Thursday.  Journeyman and Face, I'll need your character sheets (either e-mail or Google Docs works).  Please work out party details and roles in between now and then.
belladonna
belladonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Wait... There's a KM game on Monday?
Swifto
Swifto

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah. We're finishing the dungeon.
Oblivion wrote:Bella and Kamon's internet went down unexpectedly last night, and didn't return before it was too late to game. We'll try to have another session Saturday or Monday. If those don't work out, we'll hold off until after the one-shot and resume from there.
Since we were down three players Thursday night and all between their internet and you never coming back after going afk.
Ladybug
Ladybug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Roommates tend to be distracting.

I forget if I had anything going on tomorrow night; I should be there.
Swifto
Swifto

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 pm

K. Coo'.
Ladybug
Ladybug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:14 am

My Warblade's going to be a pure frontline fighter able to bring the pain. Outside of combat, he might have some trouble since fighting's all he's good for.
Face
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 am

Still finalizing feat/spell combos, but my current build is all about stacking debuffs. I'll be inflicting shaken, sickened, entangled, dazed, level drained, ability drained, and locking down visibility and movement with battlefield control spells. Basically I plan to cripple the enemy and leave raw damage dealing to the rest of you. I should be mostly self sufficient for defenses and unlikely to require healing (many of my spells provide me temp hp). On the down side, the burst healing I can provide caps at 10d6. I can max this a limited number of times, but that will detract from my offence.

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Still working on my character. I've had to work late a lot this week. Are we still on for tonight and if so what time do we start?

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes, 7:30 Central time.
Ladybug
Ladybug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:30 pm

I've got a bit to do myself, had a company lunch thing and didn't get to work on her during my break as planned, but should be ready in time for game. Can ad-lib or do without the stuff I haven't finished (mostly just her extra post-shapeshift character sheets) until next week if I don't.
Oblivion
Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Pretty much the same. I'm mostly just filling out my spellbook. I can have the basic combat stats and gear up in time no problem. If need be, I can just fight with my necromantic spontaneous casting and leave the rest of my spell slots open to be filled as needed during the session.

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum