Written Life 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder Online

3 posters

Go down

Pathfinder Online Empty Pathfinder Online

Post by Journeyman Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 am

Pathfinder Online Kickstarter

I figured that some of you might be interested in this. I'll withhold my own comments until everyone has a chance to read for themselves.

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder Online Empty Re: Pathfinder Online

Post by Swifto Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:10 am

Would this be set in Golarion?

The only thing that would really interest me in this would be exploring the world - And Golarion has never hooked me as being that interesting of a world.

So unless Goblinworks accomplishes something very spectacular; I don't see myself having an interest in this. (And even then, I likely wouldn't play, unless the gameplay also was amazing. I mean, I absolutely love the setting of EVE Online, but my god the game is BORING.)
Swifto
Swifto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 am

I don't think it's very likely that they could make a game as in-depth as they intend to and still have it be interesting to a large enough audience. Hell, the amount of people that both play Pathfinder and would be interested in an MMO is small enough. It would likely just have very small influences on the world by the players. Not that interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 am

Yes it's set in Golarion.

I was very very interested in this when the information first came out, and I even supported their first Kickstarter, admittedly mostly to get the Thornkeep PDF that was one of the low-tier rewards. But I did intend to play the game when it came out, until I learned of one little detail - Unlimited PvP. There will be NO WAY to toggle off PvP flagging like there is in WoW or other games, for various reasons that you can go check on the PF Online section of Paizo's forums if you really wanna read about it.

That alone was enough to turn me off interest in the game completely.
Oblivion
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum