Unspeakable Futures: Potential Future Postapocalyptic Ruleset?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unspeakable Futures: Potential Future Postapocalyptic Ruleset?

Post by Oblivion on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:49 pm

James Jacobs wrote: It's a science-fiction/fantasy hybrid though (sort of Fallout meets the Dark Tower meets Lovecraft), not just fantasy (like Dark Sun).

Read all (or at least some) about it:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unspeakable Futures: Potential Future Postapocalyptic Ruleset?

Post by Swifto on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 pm

If it provides a good ruleset to play sci-fi things by in a familiar d20 system, I'd love this. (though I'm still planning to look up GURPS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:16 pm

That's the sound of it. Sadly James is far too busy (at this time) to consider releasing it or even drumming up a Kickstarter for it, even with the enthusiastic support and desire of the forum populace (and likely the player base).

And Paizo, at least for the time being, has been pretty adamant about not wanting to "divide their fanbase" between multiple settings. So until they feel that Pathfinder and/or Golarion is solid enough financially and with support of enough company staff to afford their focus dividing between two different rulesets and settings, it's probably not going to get done through them.

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 pm

If that's the case; I better not delay on learning GURPS. (since d20 Future and Modern are kinda wonky)

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Eh, I picked up a bunch of Shadowrun books at GenCon a while back if anyone's interested in that particular brand of distopia.

Higgins: You see, the great secret, Eliza, is not a question of good manners or bad manners, or any particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls. The question is not whether I treat you rudely, but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone better. - My Fair Lady

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Much as I would adore playing Shadowrun, I'm a slow learner of rules and systems; so if I had to pick a second system to learn, I've heard GURPS is the most well-rounded in terms of settings and tech periods it works for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top