O_O

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O_O

Post by Oblivion on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 pm

I had a gaming publisher send me a message today, inviting me to write stuff and submit it to them.

I am kind of not so good at wordsing right now.

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: O_O

Post by Ladybug on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Congrats! =D

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Woo!
What kind of game publisher? (video, tabletop, etc)

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Tabletop. They're AdventureAWeek, one of the 3rd-party publishers that uses Paizo's store. Not a big company, but certainly a start! I sent them a response email a few minutes ago, so I may not hear back until Monday (I don't know what time zone they're in), but here's hoping!

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Creighton Broadhurst from Raging Swan Publishing wrote:What Ho!

Thanks very much for participating in Raging Swan's Broken Freelancer open call. I'm delighted to tell you that I'd love to publish your encounter in Random Encounters: Wilderness which will release in February 2014. Congratulations!
The encounter I submitted was a revamp of the Lurkers In Light + Colour Out of Space battle that the Kingmaker guys tangled with in the Mazewood.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Oooooh, that one!

That was a neato-encounter. Oh man, you got in, man!

Will it be appearing in a published book at any point? My local group would happily buy it. (triply so if any revenue from it goes to your pocket)

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Yup! Random Encounters: Wilderness is the name of the book, coming in February. I'll post a link when it's published.

I don't get revenue from the book, but I do get paid a (one-time) freelancer commission for an accepted submission. Plus it's a door-opener for potential future work.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:19 am

Oh awesome! Congrats, Obliv!
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by belladonna on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:25 am

Hey! Awesome!
belladonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Good news everyone!

Random Encounters: Wilderness will be coming out Feb 22. But following my contribution there, Raging Swan has asked me to participate in their next project - GM's Miscellany: Urban Dressing, writing the section on Ruined Buildings.

Project's due in early March and set for an April release, so I imagine my weekends will be occupied with working on that =) Wish me luck!

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:17 pm

wow both of those are incredible congrats man

Back to top Go down

Post by PIE! on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Neatneatneatneat! That's fantastic.

PIE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 am

http://paizo.com/products/btpy94oy/discuss?Random-Encounters-Wilderness

It's up! =D A couple days earlier than predicted but hey I'm not complaining.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Bought and downloaded!
Dunno if you get royalties, but support has been given.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Thu May 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Urban Dressing should be out shortly, and I've been working on a third project - a section on mirrors, fireplaces, and locks for GM's Miscellany: Dungeon Dressing - for a couple weekends now, when I can find time around overtime, gaming, and getting sick. That's due in about ten days, so I'm in a bit of crunch time thanks to normal-work getting in the way, but I'm far enough along that I'm not too worried about time running out before I finish.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifto on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Consider it purchased!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down