Face can draw! Sometimes!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Face can draw! Sometimes!

Post by Oblivion on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Nicely done =)

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

ART CLASS

Post by Face on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:36 am

Animation class is over, so here's some stuff I drew for homework.

One Hundred Years:

Draw yourself as a superhero/villain:

And my final walk animation.

Animation:

I have more, which I'll scan and post tomorrow.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Mad Mage Studio. Love it.

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:49 pm

So having finished class, I have begun trying to figure out what I want and where my talents might lie. In terms of style, I was encouraged to rethink what types of drawing I work better with. For the first time, I was told to focus less on angles and more organic lines, experimenting with simpler designs (which had always been a goal of mine); so I'm interested in exploring what I can do.

As for what I want...man, I don't know. I liked the taste of animation we were treated to and having seen Spine, I'm interested in trying to do something with moving characters. The instructor loved my webcomic idea because he thinks it's the best way to foster and develop one's style and talent, but maybe I just want to write after all? I keep starting short stories than putting them on the burner when something else slips into my head. There's at least a dozen things I can do and I don't know how to proceed.

I'm mostly just typing all this out here to help organize my thoughts, but I'm also curious what someone else might think.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:29 pm

What about a light novel format? Write your stories and illustrate key scenes. It's still enough drawing to practice the same characters over time but lets you focus more on your writing. Hell, if you do it in a web setting, you can even work the animation into it with gifs over text a la MSPA.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:26 pm

I really sympathize with the whole "have ideas but end up discarding them for the next thing" situation; I have a ton of stories I'd love to do something with that I just end up cycling through working on one or the other, then setting it aside when I lose interest or something else I want to do comes up.

As you're aware I've tried to do the webcomic thing in the past with Pokemon Rust, partnering with Kitsune as artist and me as writer, unfortunately that hasn't gone anywhere either, and I haven't heard from Kit in months. And that's just one of the many projects I've got stored away here and there.

So yeah, definitely understand that feeling. Unfortunately while I'm a pretty sympathetic ear, I'm the absolute worst person to go to for actual advice on it >_>

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:03 am

Ladybug wrote:What about a light novel format? Write your stories and illustrate key scenes. It's still enough drawing to practice the same characters over time but lets you focus more on your writing. Hell, if you do it in a web setting, you can even work the animation into it with gifs over text a la MSPA.
This was something I've been kicking around for a while, actually. I was interested in trying that with the interactive story but it's unlikely to happen since I...kind of gave up on that story. Maybe a future story, though.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Sketchbook dump finally. First myself done in different styles.
Simpsons style:
50s UPA style:
DISCO Style:

Taxidermy sketches:

And sketches I did outside of class.
Sketchdump:

Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Inktober

Post by Face on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Inktober drawing of Garnet from Steven Universe!
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:42 pm

I spent way more time on this than necessary, but here's some Ghost-types for October that I painted with my tablet in Sketchbook Pro!

Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:11 am

Envy. I could never get much more than scribbles off my drawing pad; I never got the hang of matching the movement of my hand on the digital pen to the stuff that appeared on the screen.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Oblivion wrote:Envy. I could never get much more than scribbles off my drawing pad; I never got the hang of matching the movement of my hand on the digital pen to the stuff that appeared on the screen.
It....REALLY takes a while, hence why this is the only thing I've posted from my tablet since I bought it. Illustrator always smoothed out my lines so that was good for practice; Sketchbook Pro, however, is less intuitive with its smoothing option so I just turn it off.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top