Face can draw! Sometimes!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Face can draw! Sometimes!

Post by Oblivion on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:32 pm

I got a good chuckle out of the Xenoblade one. Doesn't dissuade me in the least from wanting to play it though.

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 pm

+1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Melodoodles

Post by Face on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Still hammering out the design I want for a character; a sort of RPG-style heroine. The left one was a practice to see what a different style of armor would look like, and it turned out nicely, but it conveys a more experienced look. Maybe a future design?

The middle was me trying to hammer out a rough look after FIFTY different faces and hairstyles, and it's pretty much the closest I could get. I still couldn't decide on the type of outfit though.

The final, colored one, was pretty much a return to the original design and FF9-style proportions that I so unabashedly love and frankly, I think it's my favorite. I still need to iron out a couple things, such as add more circles to her overall design, but I think this is the closest one to how I imagine her so it *might* just be the final product. For the first part of the story anyways. And the color fits! I was going to be so upset if the colors didn't fit her design.

I also have to admit that I like how apparent some of the influences for her character are.

Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Nice work! When do we find out more about who she is? =)

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:44 pm

I've been hammering out a lot about her story, it's become my current passion project. I want to develop my skills a bit more so I can give it a level of respect I'd be satisfied with. I know it might never turn out exactly how I want it, but I want to go into it with confidence.

At some point, I can share a whole overview of the setting, but it's still an enormous work in progress.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Melodoodles

Post by Face on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:35 pm

More Melody doodles after class. Experimenting with expressions and consistency while trying to keep Melody a little stretchy in terms of faces. I also bought some new Micron pens so it doubled as an inking exercise.

Inking remains something I really have trouble with, yet I find it a tad more entertaining than just pencil. Since the Micron pens come in different sizes, I tried to use as many different ones to see which lines would work best. (Softer, more detailed lines were done with a finer point while the overall design was done with the medium. Melody's hair might require a larger size to make it look more poofy,)

Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:08 pm

I like her more and more. Glad she's not one of those mopey quiet protagonist types.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:02 am

Melody is one of my most oddly conceived creations in that the entire character and setting all came from a dream. Working from that, I put the idea for the story on a backburner for years. She came at a point when I was getting sick of how complex and dark my original pet project had become, and the story has since been a great emotional and nostalgia-filled outlet.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:30 pm

I tend to forget that Onix is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I only seem to remember whenever I draw it.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

DOODLES DUMP

Post by Face on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:54 pm

I just felt like sharing some doodles I've done lately. I have some more interesting stuff I intend to post from my animation class but these were some things I did whenever I was on my lunch or just chilling at the end of the day.
Doodles:

This one was an attempt at trying some designs for an villainous wizard, which I'm still contemplating.

Incomplete Errol doodle! I actually wasn't keen on uploading this one but it's probably the better Errol sketch I've done.

A character from another story I've been working on.

Pokemon doodles.

First draft of a duo of villains from Sky Song. I want to tweak them some more, but I really like how they turned out for a stream of thought doodle.

And obligatory monster thing. I don't know what my goal was here, just drawing whatever came into my head.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Very nice! It's weird seeing a dark-haired Errol again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Dark hair? I drew Errol with his Glaistig appearance.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:55 pm

...I was looking at the mage underneath it. It's...been a day. The glaistig one really is impressive, though.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Seconded. I'd like to see your take on the rest of the party if you feel like drawing them.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Oblivion wrote:Seconded. I'd like to see your take on the rest of the party if you feel like drawing them.
I was meaning to take a crack at them again since I learned a few new things!
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:35 pm

INKING PRACTICE

Melody in the woods:

Toon and zombie drawing for animation class!:

Character designs!:

I am still struggling with inking, but I will get the hang of it soon hopefully. What I would really like to do is color that first drawing in on the computer with my tablet.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:36 pm

I liked the four-armed lady's look. Reminds me of Gilgamesh in FF9. Also the zombie made me LOL.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:44 am

I actually was hesitant to give the race four arms until I remembered Alleyway Jack. The way *his* arms connect though is probably more anatomically correct, for having an extra pair of arms.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:32 am

Not necessarily. I'd figure arms connect at the top of the torso. Maybe make her a little concave right above the second pair of arms, and it would look very much like there's the structure for a secondary shoulder. Just brainstorming. =)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:39 am

TAKESHI Human Edition:
I'm not fond of the lines in the cloth, as well as the fact that I didn't use a reference for a hand, I didn't simplify the design enough, and he probably looks like a dozen samurai characters...

BUT!
I think this is one of my better inking jobs since I toyed with the thickness of lines more here to give ol' Takeshi a more comic book feel.

Last edited by Face on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:38 am

Nicely done! I don't think it's bad that it looks like stereotypical samurai, since Takeshi kinda was a stereotypical samurai at first. Just drunker.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 am

Hey, he might have run out of booze by the time he ran into us and needed to resupply at Oleg's. Nice work, man.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:05 am

Practicing with my wacom drawing tablet; it's exceedingly difficult.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:22 am

Yeah, I remember when I got my drawing tablet a few years ago, it was a pain and I never really got the hang of it. No idea where it is now.

Good luck!

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

EMBIGGEN!

Post by Face on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Ms Marvel:

Hey ho more inking practice, this time with Kamala Khan, the latest Ms. Marvel, who might be one of my Top 5 favorite superheroes. She's the one I was trying to draw with my tablet yesterday.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top