An apology

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An apology

Post by Aszimar33 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:51 pm

So it has been a long time since i talked with most of you. For that I am sorry. A while ago my computer died. At the time, well let me begin a little before that. So when I returned from Arizona to Colorado I was not at a good place in my life. I was pretty much returning a failure, and was restarting. When I got back I found out that my mother was in far worse shape then i thought. So I didn't get a job right away. I helped her out while I stayed with her. Until almost 10 months later. My mom went in to the hospital for the final time. She passed away several weeks later. For familial reasons I will not go into why this affected me as deeply as it did. Nevertheless I was already depressed and this just kind of made it worse. I didn't want to do much of anything after that. I moved down to a small town in northeastern Colorado to live with my brother for a while. He was going through a divorce at the time and it sort of helped us both to be there for each other. Shortly after this my computer died. I didn't have the money nor the inclination to do anything about it. It finally took me realizing if I didn't do something soon I wouldn't have known where my next meal was coming from.

I finally got a job, but spent the first 6 months of that working part time just scraping by. I was still in a dark and down place and although I was able to get a computer I had no gumption to want to play d&d again. It took a while. I just want to apologize to all the friends I left behind when all of this happened. I did not mean to burn any fences or make anyone feel that I didn't want to be here anymore. d&d/pathfinder will always have a special place in my heart. If there are any open games I would very much like to join. I work two jobs now like 60 hrs a week so I wont be sitting around waiting for everyone else to post, which is what used to frustrate me. Or I have for the past 2 months while I have been gearing up to come back, been coming up with my own campaign that i would love to be seen played.

So once again to reiterate I'm sorry for my absence for the past however many months I have been gone. I hope to hear from everyone who I knew from before. Also I would like to say hello to any new people on the forum who I don't know. Anyways all I have to say now is something I have been wanting to say for a while, game on.

Aszimar
Aszimar33

Back to top Go down

Re: An apology

Post by Oblivion on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Welcome back, man.

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

http://foxtailstudios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're all right.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:43 pm

My condolences on your loss. You know you always have friends here. It's good to have you back.

BTW: While I don't have free time for another skype game right now, I'd be totally up for running/playing a PbP so you have a game again.

Higgins: You see, the great secret, Eliza, is not a question of good manners or bad manners, or any particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls. The question is not whether I treat you rudely, but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone better. - My Fair Lady

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:02 pm

sounds good journey

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:41 pm

I can set you up in your old campaign from the other forum that never started, just let me know if you want the name changed or whatnot and who's interested in participating and I'll move it out of the archives.

you have medieval knights wearing rennaiscane era armor, wielding roman era falcatas, worshipping greek gods, traveling with native american shamans wearing the hides of saharan beasts, who transform into prehistoric dinosaurs who are accompanied by modern japanese schoolgirls wielding Tokugawa Era Daisho and Wearing black pajamas, and old men wearing robes and pointed hats who chant mathematical equations to control reality, on a journey to kill brain eating space aliens, giant sentient firebreathing spellcasting reptiles and sentient jello.
Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:23 am

Alright thanks. No open games going on right now, or anyone else interested?

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:37 am

No open slots in live games as far as I'm aware.

I'm up for playing in a PbP myself, I've learned I don't have the patience to run one but I can play in one just fine.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:26 am

could you tell me a small summary of the live games so that I know my own idea wont intrude on any of them. Like if it is a pathfinder adventure path just tell me which one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:37 am

Yeah they're all APs. Kingmaker, Rise of the Runelords, and Council of Thieves.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Wow you guys are playing a lot. I have been thinking I might just wait till a live game slot opens up cause although I don't mind running a pbp I think this one might be more fun live. So until then it might be good to world build cause it's very much a sandbox game, and although I have a lot of things figured out it. There are rule variations I might need to use as well as creating rules for some items. The campaign is sort of a modern day campaign where a catastrophe happens that causes an apocalypse and brings magic back into the world. So it would be good to get others input for things like:

modern weapons- do we do like dresden files where a magical character interferes with modern devices or do we design our own modern weapons.

magic- it would be kind of hard to have a wizard cause they were supposed to be learning magic from an early age, but i could see a druid being someone who was raised like the shaman for a native american tribe. Or a witch being raised pagan, as a true believer kind of a thing. I thought maybe wizard could be done with words of power something they learn as they go.

no gold- scavenging would be a huge part of the game cause it would be after the apocalypse and a huge amount of people would die at the beginning of the campaign, so although it would start out with supplies galore, over time they would disappear.

armor- i like the idea of using the piecemeal armor rule variant from ultimate combat, I think it would suit a game where you have to scavenge very well.

magic items- I definitely want the concept to be that magic is being reintroduced to the world. So most magic items maybe in museums and you would have to get them and then through battle it would awaken them slowly and their magical abilities would slowly come forward. A more modern weapon would probably become magical by absorbing the essence left by magical creatures. Or could use a system like I was going to for my incarnum campaign.

character backgrounds- I think i want it to be that lets say that your background is that of a navy seal, that would mostly be reflected in skills and class choice. Due to the reintroduction of magic you would only be a level one against the new magical creatures that appear and wreck havoc like a dragon. Some skills wouldn't make sense  having prior knowledge of either i.e. knowledge arcana, knowledge the planes, things like that. Also if the players would like to keep modern technology, some skills would need to be added like computers and knowledge electronics.

alignment- this one is tricky cause in a post apocalypse you could play characters who are only out for themselves. Or you could be trying to save the human race and carve out a chunk of peace in a suddenly very non peaceful world.

Story- in the beginning it will very much be about survival, but later on it will be very sandbox like. Lots of things can happen and I want the world to evolve around the players, for instance you may find out that when the magic hit it turned someone into a vampire to the north end of the city. You either deal with it now or it becomes a much harder problem later on, he will have minions and he will be higher level. or in the beginning the local supermarket may have a lot of food, but by level 7 maybe it only has a few cans of spam and a couple boxes of cereal.

Location- I like the idea of players maybe one day taking over a castle or a military compound. I would probably use stores I'm used to for it like Walmart, Cabelas things like that.

Non human players- the magical event at the beginning could turn any player into a different race, and it might be an interesting experience role-playing a character who is suddenly a different race, and they are unaware that they can see in the dark, are suddenly stronger, or are only 3 ft tall. The role-playing of seeing your friend turn into something like a werewolf would be cool too.

well thats all i can come up with off the top of my head. I would like player input to make it as interesting and fair as possible. I think I would have more fun if this was live plus there is still work that needs be done on this campaign. I would like input though.
Aszimar33

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:40 pm

I like the concept, I've always loved the idea of a postapocalyptic, magic-added-to-mundane reality. I however would strongly request allowing starting at level 2, just because of how annoyingly fragile level-1 characters are. That's just a personal preference though.

You can probably steal the weapons and skills and such from d20 Modern and stick them into Pathfinder without too much trouble, I think, while sticking with PF classes and such.

The main trick with getting a live game going will be getting people's schedules to fit, at the moment a lot of the people playing here might not be able to make room for more free nights between work and other commitments. PbP will have less issue with that as time schedules won't be an issue, so you'll be more likely to pick up players.

I dunno how long it'll be before a slot opens up on our two "reserved" nights where most people generally can make it (Monday and Thursday). Runelords just started, Kingmaker is a bit less than half done but that half has taken two years thus far, and CoT is getting run as a short-term thing while I'm on break from KM due to work overtime. You could try to put together a group that can meet on another night, say Friday or Saturday, but I can only speak for myself how available I'd be.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:33 pm

A Shadowrun-style setting sounds cool to me, but I'm a newlywed and my wife doesn't want to give me up for gaming more than one night a week. I respect that. So unless Runelords folds (which would be a shame, I'm having fun), it's likely to be a long while before I'm available for a new live game.

Higgins: You see, the great secret, Eliza, is not a question of good manners or bad manners, or any particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls. The question is not whether I treat you rudely, but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone better. - My Fair Lady

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 pm

K no worries the more time I have to build the world the more fun it can be I think including me coming up with all new things for campaigns in the future

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:15 am

We just lost a player from Runelords, so the party is back down to 3. You'll have to get permission from Face (the DM), but this suggests to me that you could join us. Are you free on Monday nights around 8:30 onward?

Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm

I've added you to a usergroup so you can see some of the other forums. If Face is okay with you joining up in Runelords I'll add you to that group too.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Face on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:44 pm

It would be fun to keep the four person party dynamic. I'm also interested to see what you might bring to the table, so you're more than welcome to join if you're okay with a rookie GM.
Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:10 pm

830 eastern or what time zone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivion on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Eastern yes.

Oblivion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:27 pm

I work till 920 to 930ish eastern on mondays but i would be free after that

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszimar33 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:00 pm

If you guys wanted to start with me and i would join as soon as i got here. I will try to get monday nights off but I will have to work this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top